Tuesday, October 9, 2012

I think I'll call it "Delicious Chicken" and leave it at that

Last week, I decided to get creative and try a new recipe off Pinterest. I was hoping for something that would be delicious, yet simple, while still being elegant enough to give me an excuse to pull out the candles I've got stashed away and have a nice, romantic dinner with Aaron.

What I ended up choosing was a recipe titled Dijon Chicken Linguine with Chanterelle. The first thing I should say is that both Aaron and I HATE almonds, so that part of the recipe got nixed very quickly. Also, it's next to impossible to find chanterelle mushrooms (which I'd never even heard of, just for the record) in this teensy-weensy town I live in, so we substituted a pack of sliced baby bellas, which are Aaron's favorite.

The rest of the recipe was ridiculously easy. Pan-fry chicken, salt, pepper, and garlic until the chicken is cooked. Make a white wine, dijon mustard, and cream sauce. Add mushrooms, and serve over cooked linguine. DONE!!
The hardest part for me was having the patience to let the chicken cook in the pan.

Aaron LOVED the meal. I'm not a huge mustard fan, so it was a tiny bit...dijon-y for me, but still very tasty AND!! It looked really pretty on a plate (though it probably would have looked better if I'd actually remembered the salad I'd meant to serve with it), helping me to feel like I was really having a nice dinner with my man, instead of our usual "What random thing should we cook tonight" fare.

All in all, an absolutely delicious (and incredibly) simple meal that I'll definitely be cooking again.

Happy faces all around!!!

No comments: